My son was asking the last day, ‘ Have you stopped blogging?’ I replied ‘ No… why?’ His answer was ‘ Well , you are not making any new dishes these days’ Yes.. I am back after a long hiatus.. and the reason – a nagging back pain, which turned worse.. a rush to the hospital followed by treatment and bed rest .Now slowly getting back to the normal routine – which includes cooking and blogging..
One good thing that came out of my ill health was the bed rest.. though initially bit depressed as I couldn’t move round, the treatment period gave me sort of ‘chill out time’ .. a break from the daily routine.. after a few days, I was enjoying it – the rain, the greenery and the long conversations with my little sister… Infact my friends and cousins were bit envious seeing my long rest period..
And this post is for all my loving friends and family who rushed in to help and offer support when I was in distress due to the back pain .. and to my dear hubby who had to take over the household duties and look after me too..
Thanks to all my fb page fans.. We have crossed 200 likes !!! Do keep supporting me.. Your positive feedback instills a sense of pride in me.. and gives me the motivation to keep going.. To celebrate let’s have something sweet.. this recipe was given to me by my friend Roshan who knows about my love for puddings..
1. Marie biscuit – 150 gm
2. Butter – 3 tbsp
3. Nutella chocolate spread – 1 cup
Fresh cream – 1 cup
4. Chinagrass -10 gm
5. Milk – 2cups
Custard Powder – 3tbsp
Condensed milk – 1 tin
6. Fresh cream – 2 cups
Vanilla essence – 1tsp
Sugar – 6 tbsp
Layer 1 – Biscuit Layer
- Powder the biscuits finely.
- Add the butter to the biscuit powder and mix to form breadcrumb like texture
- Spread this as a layer on the serving bowl or in individual glasses and keep in fridge for about half an hour to set.
Layer 2 – Nutella layer
- Beat the 3rd ingredients .
- Spread half the nutella cream mixture over the biscuit layer and refrigerate again.
Layer 3 – Chinagrass layer
- Soak chinagrass, cut into strips, in 1 cup of water for an hour .
- Heat the chinagrass with water till it is completely dissolved
- In another pan, heat 5th ingredients
- When the mixture thickens add the melted chinagrass and stir continuously.
- Remove from fire after a minute.
- Beat 6th ingredients in a bowl
- Add this cream mixture to the chinagrass mixture.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chinagrass mixture over the nutella layer and refrigerate to set for about 3 hours.
Layer 4 – Nutella layer
- Spread the remaining nutella mixture over the chinagrass layer
- Refrigerate and serve.