It’s very difficult to make my kids eat the veggies.. Is it because I never tried to forcibly feed them ? That thought is something which worries me these days.. And now I am on a look out for recipes where I can hide the veggies and feed the kids One way to hide the veggies is in the form of cutlets. I made the veg cutlets with beetroot, carrot and potatoes. Kids love to have chicken cutlets.. but vegetable cutlets.. hmm I was not so sure.. But to my surprise and relief, these veg cutlets became a favourite with them … Mission accomplished, as both mom and kids are happy !!! 🙂 These cutlets are a good tea time snack. You can prepare the cutlets in bulk and freeze them . Defrost and fry them as required.
- Onion – 2
- Ginger – 1/4 ” piece
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Beetroot – 1 big
- Carrots – 2
- Potatoes – 2
- Chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Egg whites – 2
- Breadcrumbs – for coating
- Oil – for frying
- Chop onion, ginger and garlic
- Chop the beetroot and carrots . ( Chopped vegetables will be about 3 1/2 cups)
- Boil the potatoes and mash them well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions and saute till it turns light brown
- Add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the chilly ,turmeric and garam masala and saute .
- Mix in the chopped vegetables and saute till the vegetables are cooked. Turn off the flame.
- Add the mashed potatoes and mix well using your hands. (The mixture should hold shape when rolled into balls).
- Take small portions of the mixture and roll into lime sized ball .Flatten it between the palms to give it shape .
- Beat egg whites with a fork. Dip each cutlet in egg white and roll in breadcrumbs, making sure that all sides are nicely coated.
- Heat oil in pan and fry the cutlets in medium flame till they are golden brown (You can deep fry or shallow fry the cutlets) .