First blog post of the year and it begins with a happy note.. My friend Jihan who had been trying to bake the perfect cake for sometime , finally found success on the New Year’s eve .. and she has dedicated her success to me.. But the thing that makes me really happy is to see the hardwork and persisitence she has put in which finally paid off.. and I feel really proud that I could be a source of inspiration for her venture into the world of baking !!! Here is the snap of the cake she made …
The temperature has been dipping down lately. Really enjoying the cold weather and the occasional rains . Last weekend we had an impromptu beach visit . Kids had real fun, collecting shells and building their little dams ..
I haven’t posted much chicken recipes in the blog the reason being hubby n kids were not too fond of chicken gravy dishes. But of late, the elder kid’s taste has been changing and now he shows interest in chicken curries. This was one chicken curry I tried out recently and well appreciated by the kid. I found this recipe on this beautiful blog – Swapna’s Cuisine
I am sure you too will love this spicy chicken curry .. Do try it out…
KASHMIRI CHICKEN CURRY
KASHMIRI CHICKEN CURRY
RECIPE SOURCE – SWAPNA’S CUISINE
- Chicken cut into pieces – 1kg
- Kashimiri chillies/ Piriyan mulaku -15
- Mustard seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeerakom )– 1tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Cinnamon sticks ( Karuva patta )– 1”x6 pieces
- Cloves ( Grambu) – 5
- Ginger – 1” piece, grind to a paste
- Garlic – 35 small cloves, grind to a paste
- Onion – 2 medium, sliced
- Cashew nuts – 20 (soak in warm water for 10 mints and grind to a smooth paste)
- Tomato – 3 medium, chopped
- Raisins– 1 tbsp (grind to a smooth paste with little water)
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tsp
- Oil –as needed
- Salt to taste
- Grind masalas 2 to 7 to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Clean chicken pieces and marinate with salt and turmeric powder for one hour. After 1 hour fry the chicken pieces in hot oil till light brown and remove.
- Add sliced onion to the same oil and fry till brown. Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes, then add cashew nut paste and mix well.
- Add ground masalas of ingredients 2 to 7 and sauté well until the raw smell goes
- Add fried chicken pieces, tomatoes, ground raisins, salt and enough water and cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked and oil separates.
- Serve hot with chapathi or rice.