Pizza baked at home is a favourite with kids.. But once in a while we do have pizza from pizza outlets . And recently the elder kid has taken a fancy for BBQ flavoured pizza.. So this time I decided to go for that flavour while baking pizza at home.
The Pizza base is made using all purpose and whole wheat flour. No kids did not notice any difference in the base as compared to that made of all purpose flour only. So yes, this healthier version is going to be my recipe for pizza base henceforth.
The barbeque chicken topping preparation is really easy. Marinate the chicken pieces in bbq sauce, salt n pepper for half an hour and grill them . Then top the pizza base with some more bbq sauce, chicken pieces, some onion or capsicum as you prefer.
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
FOR THE PIZZA DOUGH
Recipe from here
- Instant Yeast – 1 1/4 teaspoon
- Honey (Or Sugar) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Olive Oil – 1 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour – 1-1/2 cups
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- Mix the honey, warm water and stir to dissolve.
- Sprinkle the yeast over top and let it bloom for 5 minutes or so.
- Add in the olive oil and turn your mixer on low.
- In a bowl, mix the flours and salt. Add the yeast and mix well.
- Add the olive oil and knead well to get a soft dough.
- Toss the dough in a well oiled bowl coating it and the sides of the bowl. Cover with a clean towel and place the bowl in a warm, dry place to rise for 1 hour.
FOR THE BBQ CHICKEN TOPPING
Recipe adapted from here
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Barbecue sauce – 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- Boneless chicken breast , cut into small pieces– 500gm
- Grated Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Red Capsicum , thinly sliced – 1
- Freshly ground pepper – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Mix 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce , 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Marinate the chicken with the barbecue sauce mixture for 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken pieces.
TO BAKE THE PIZZA
- Roll out the dough . Cover it with a wet towel and let it rise for 30 minutes. (The towel should not touch the dough)
- Transfer the dough to a baking tray.
- Now spread with the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, leaving a 3/4-inch border.
- Top with the chicken, mozzarella and red capsicum.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 18 to 20 minutes until the cheese melts and the crust is golden