A mild gravy of paneer and green peas cooked in coconut milk. Goes well with Kerala Appams…
- Cloves – 4
- Cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
- Ginger, julienned – 1 tbsp
- Onions big, cubed – 2
- Green chillies, slit – 2 (if the chillies are not spicy you can add upto 4)
- Paneer – 100gm
- Boiled green peas – ½ cup
- Crushed pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Flour – 1tsp
- Coconut Milk (second extraction) – 1 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk (first extraction) – 3/4 cup
- Curry leaves
- Deep fry paneer and soak them in hot water for 10 minutes, squeeze and keep aside. (If you want to cut down the calories, skip the deep frying part)
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan .
- Add the spices and when they start to splutter, saute the ginger.
- Add onions and green chillies , sauté till onions turn light pink. (Do not sauté till onions turn brown) Add salt and curry leaves.
- Add 1tsp flour and sauté well.
- Add the second extraction of coconut milk and when it starts to boil add the paneer cubes and boiled green peas.
- Cook on low flame for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the first extraction of coconut milk and pepper powder and cook for 5 minutes.