I love puddings.. oh.. did I mention that earlier??🙂 And I am always on the look out for new pudding recipes.. I mostly focus on layered puddings.. Layers always bring out a wow factor.. Maybe that’s the reason why most of the pudding recipes in my blog are layered puddings like the Nutella Custard Pudding or the Dulce de leche pudding..
Few weeks back my niece asked me for few pudding recipes for her school project . But there was a clause.. they couldn’t use the stove or oven in the classroom – which meant , pudding recipe without cooking or baking.. and the pudding should be whipped up by 20 min maximum . That was something I never thought of, whip up really easy puddings.. So thought, why not post some really easy puddings on the blog too??
I got this recipe from my friend Zareena. She had made this custard apple pudding for us when we met last time.. I wanted to try the same pudding , but replaced custars apples with lychees( de-stoning the custard apple seemed a tedious job for me🙂 ) You can use fresh lychees or the canned ones. I have used the canned ones in this recipe .
Recipe Source – Zareena Siraj
- Milkmaid – ½ tin
- Milk – 400 ml
- Lychee – 1 can
- Fresh cream – 200 ml
- Gelatin – 5 tsp
- Drain the lychees from the can. This will be about 1 1/2 cups of lychees.
- Crush the lychees in the mixer.
- Beat the milkmaid, milk and fresh cream using egg beater. Mix in the lychees.
- Soak the gelatine in 5tbsp water. Leave it for 5 min for the gelatine to bloom. Add 5 tbsp warm water and stir with a fork till the gelatine completely dissolves
- Add the gelatine to the milk mixture
- Pour in a bowl or individual cups and refrigerate for 4- 5 hrs. Serve cold.