Anything with chocolate and coffee… I’m in !!! Add to that the goodness of whole wheat , Yummy!!! I saw this recipe on Aipi’s blog , and decided that I SHOULD make these.. The big plus point of this recipe – no one noticed the substitution of whole wheat for plain flour. My main concern was whether it would be rejected by my elder son , who is a really picky eater. Well, he loved these muffins … Naturally, I am on the look out for more wheat based cakes and muffins …
Last week, I was chatting with my sister in law and she mentioned that she had tried my Chocolate Banana Cake and it came out really well.. And the reason that she tried it – it was healthier as the cake batter was made using oil instead of butter… Being a doctor she counts the calories whenever I bake something :) I am sure these muffins will pass her approval🙂
On a different note, my cousin had called me up last day to say that she loved the snaps of my previous post. I am a newbie photographer, so words like this do mean a lot to me.. And would like to thank all you guys who send me words of encouragement.. Love you all !!!
Thanks Aipi, for sharing this awesome recipe… This is really a keeper … And guys, do check out Aipi’s beautiful blog USMasala !!!
Here’s the recipe...
- Whole wheat flour or atta – 1 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 3 tbsp
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – 3/4 cup + 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Powdered Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1 cup + 1 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil – 1/3 cup (I used canola oil)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Instant coffee powder – 2 1/2 tsp dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C. Line a muffin tray with paper cups
- Melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tbsp milk in microwave or double boiler. Cool it slightly
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder , baking soda,powdered sugar and salt.
- In another bowl,beat milk and oil for a minute . Add in the coffee mix followed by the melted chocolate.
- Add the flour mixture to this and mix with a spatula . Do not overmix.
- Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Spoon in muffins tray lined with paper cup till they are 3/4 th full.
- Bake for 15 -20 min or till tester comes out clean.