I haven’t posted non veg dishes for a while. So here comes spicy and delicious Mutton Roast . A typical Kerala dish with all the spices and the coconut oil… The procedure is quite simple.. Cook the mutton pieces with the spices and saute with onions, ginger and garlic .. that’s it.. Hubby, who is not so fond of mutton, loved this preparation..
To be roasted and ground
- Coriander seeds – 2 tbsp
- Red chillies – 6
- Aniseed – 1tsp
- Peppercorns – 1tsp
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon stick – 4 inch piece
- Chop the mutton into medium sized pieces and clean.
- Heat a non stick pan.Roast the spices in medium flame and grind them to a powder.
- Marinate the mutton pieces with the spices, turmeric powder , chilli powder and salt for 1 hour.
- Cook the mutton adding about 1/4 cup of water , in a pressure cooker. (If there is water remaining, cook till water is evaporated. But make sure that the mutton pieces do not get overcooked) (* Thanks Arva, for reminding the pressure cooker part .)
- Heat oil.Saute the onions till light brown in colour.
- Add the ginger and garlic pastes, curry leaves and saute for a few minutes .
- Add the cooked mutton pieces and saute well till dry and brown.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Sending this to Iftar Event hosted at Hyderabadi Cuisine Recipes