Had been busy the last few days and blogging took a back seat. Hopefully this month I will be posting regularly…
So here comes moist and fluffy lemon muffins from the kitchen.. The yogurt gives them a soft texture …The lemon flavor was just subtle… If you want to increase the tanginess you can adjust the lemon juice accordingly.. And the drizzle gives the muffins a really moist melt in your mouth feeling …
- 220g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 85g butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 80ml lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, yoghurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Take care not to overmix.
- Fill muffin cases 2/3 full. Bake at 180 C for 20-24 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in tin. Using a skewer, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin.
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon drizzle ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins.