The first time I had cornflakes cookies was a few years ago from a bakery back at home in Kerala. That time I was getting more interested in baking and wanted to try these cookies at home and started searching for the recipe.. Later , found out that the whole time it was there in one of the first recipes books I had bought.. 🙂
These cookies are easy to whip up.. While getting them ready for the oven , my son had a tumble while playing and had a minor injury. So I had to leave the dough open for some time and hence the cookies had small cracks…. If you make the dough and roll them and immediately bake them you can avoid the minor mistake..
So here goes the recipe…
- Butter – 1 cup
- Castor sugar – ¾ cup
- Egg – 1
- Flour – 2 ½ cip
- Baking powder – 2tsp
- Crushed cornflakes – 2 cups
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add the egg and beat again until fluffy
- Fold in the flour sifted with baking powder
- Form into small lime sized balls and flatten lightly.
- Roll in cornflakes
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 10 to 12 minutes