I haven’t posted much Chicken dishes in the blog. The main reason – hubby not being too fond of chicken and the kids like fried chicken rather than curry. So I prefer to make chicken dishes when we have guests (I don’t want to finish off the whole curry by myself 🙂 ).. To my friends who wanted me to post chicken dishes, this one is for you..
I got this delicious Pepper Chicken recipe from my SIL Zareena, who got it from her mother.. Zareena’s mother is an expert cook and me and my sister always gorge on her delicious food whenever we pay a visit 🙂
The preparation is pretty simple . You can adjust the amount of pepper powder and green chilly depending on how spicy you want the dish to be …
- Pepper powder – 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1
- Salt – 1 tsp
For the gravy
- Chicken – 1kg
- Onions cubed – 7
- Ginger chopped – 1tbsp
- Garlic chopped – 1tbsp
- Green chilli chopped – 3-4
- Garam Masala – 1tsp
- Pepper powder – 3tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2tbsp
- Tomato chopped – 4
- Cornflour – 3tsp
- Water – 1cup
- Marinate the chicken pieces in pepper powder, turmeric powder , lemon juice and salt for half an hour . Fry them (should not be too crisp)
- In a non stick pan sauté onions ,garlic, ginger and green chillies .
- Saute the tomatoes till they are mashed well.
- Toss in the chicken and mix it well.
- Add the garam masala, pepper powder and soya sauce .
- Cook on a closed lid for 20 – 25 minutes. (stirring in between)
- Add cornflour diluted in 1 cup water.
- Garnish with spring onion and coriander leaves.
Note: You can use tomato sauce instead of tomatoes. Add the tomato sauce along with the soya sauce.