For this month’s Lakshmi’s Tried and Tested Event hosted by Priya the selected blog is Aipi’s US Masala . I came across the event and landed on Aipi’s beautiful blog.. loved the header, the snaps , the awesome recipes… As I had been posting more desserts of late , thought of trying one of the Curries from her blog… Paneer is a favourite in my family , but I always prepare the less spicy versions keeping the kids in mind. This time thought of breaking the normal pattern and try the Paneer Tawa Masala… wow.. never thought Pav Bhaji Masala and Paneer could blend so well.. loved the combo and am sure going to make it more often..
- Paneer cubed – 2 cups
- Oil – 1tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion chopped – 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Tomato Puree or crushed tomatoes – ¾ cup
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Amchur Powder or lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red and green bell peppers , cubed – 1 each
- Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add in the cumin seeds and asafetida. Let it splutter.
- Add in the onion, turmeric and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in the tomato puree and ginger garlic paste. Cook for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
- Add in the chilli powder, pavbhaji masala and mix. Cook till oil starts to separate from the mixture. Add the garam masala and amchur powder.
- Stir in the bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the paneer. Add 1-2 tbsp water if required. Add in the cilantro mix and take off the heat.
Sending this as entry to Tried and Tasted Event hosted by Priya