- Sardines – 8
- Shallots sliced – ¾ cup
- Kashmiri chillipowder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tbsp
- Tomatoes sliced – 2
- Coconut oil
- Curry leaves
- Grind shallots , chilli powder, turmeric powder and pepper powder to a paste. Add 1 cup water to the paste.
- Heat a vessel (or preferably earthen pot) .Add the ground paste along with the tomatoes and curry leaves .
- When the gravy starts to boil, add the fish .
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook on a low flame.
- When the fish is half cooked , pour 4 tbsp coconut oil and few more curry leaves to the gravy. Continue to simmer with the lid closed till the fish is cooked well.
- Garnish with curry leaves and serve.