Last time I visited my parents, my mother gave me these fresh bittergourds from her vegetable garden. The kids are not so fond of bittergourd. But they like it when they are deep fried.So here is the easy and tasty preparation of bittergourd…
- Bittergourd cut into roundels -1
- Turmeric powder – 1tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2tsp
- Rice flour – 1tsp
- Cornflour – 1tsp
- Rub the bitter gourd with salt and keep aside for about half an hour
- After half an hour squeeze the bitter gourd pieces (this will help to decrease the bitterness..)
- Make a paste of turmeric powder, chilli powder, rice flour and cornflour adding sufficient quantity of water.
- Dip the bittergourd into the batter and deep fry them.