I was searching for a recipe for Molten Lava Cake and came across Martha Stewart’s recipe… tried it and the outcome was perfect.. as a chocolate lover this is the ultimate dessert for me 🙂
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for muffin tins
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar, plus more for muffin tins
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, (220gms) melted
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Melt the chocolate using the double boiler method. (The larger saucepan is partially filled with water brought to a simmer or boil. Chocolate is put in a smaller saucepan and kept in the larger one..The indirect heat melts the chocolate… )
- Using an electric beater cream the butter and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the melted chocolate until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Generously butter 6 cups of a standard muffin tin/ramekin. Dust with granulated sugar, and tap out excess.Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for until 8 to 10 minutes. 8 minutes will give u a more liquid center, 10 minutes will give you a soft cake… u can choose the time according to your preference.( I did mine for 8 minutes… ) Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
- To serve, turn out cakes, and place on serving plates, bottom sides up. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with whipped cream, if desired.