This post has been sitting in my drafts for a long time… To be honest, blogging has taken a back seat lately.. well , nothing other than my laziness to be blamed… To blog more often was one of my New Year Resolutions.. hmm .. Looking back at the previous months’ posts, I haven’t been quite faithful to my blog… Thinking to come back in action in the coming months..
Spotted fresh blueberries in the supermarket few weeks back.. Had been thinking of baking with blueberries for sometime. Picked a packed from the aisle , thinking of baking some muffins…
I love the flavor of bananas in cakes.. Add to it the goodness of blueberries and you are in for a treat!!! Berries are a good source of fiber and antioxidants. Antioxidants work to neutralize free radicals — unstable molecules linked to the development of cancer and Alzheimer’s.
This is my first attempt at baking with blueberries and I loved it.. But must say, the kids didn’t prefer the berries in the cupcakes.. Wondering whether the berries can be mashed and added so as to make the kids have them ..
Recipe Source - Jamie Oliver.com
- Mashed banana (1 1/2 bananas) – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Vegetable oil – 1/3 cup
- Egg – 1
- 1 tsp vanilla
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Buttermilk – 1/4 cup
- Blueberries – 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon powder (optional) – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar (optional) – 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a bowl whisk together bananas, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Sift together all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the wet mixture to this along with the buttermilk and mix well.
- Now fold in the blueberries.
- If you prefer cinnamon flavor, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon powder and brown sugar on top of each muffin.
- Fill 12 muffin tins. Bake until golden brown (20 min)